So I am convinced that I have the most wonderful husband in the world. Now, before you start preotesting that yours is better, or start saying "your just saying that," let me explain. I don't think he would be the perfect husband for everyone (thank goodness!) but I am certain he is the perfect husband for me. He is not perfect and neither am I, nor is our life, so please don't think I am just delusional or misinformed ;) He simply amazes me daily with how much our personalities complement eachother, and how fully he loves me. My Dad told Josh when he called to get permission to marry me something to the effect of, "She's a little firecracker. Are you sure you want to do that?" Well, as you can gather, Josh said yes, and I am so glad that he did! Josh knew what he was getting into early on in our relationship, and at times he even wondered if I was too much for him to handle. I know that those of you who know me well are chuckling or even laughing profusely at this.
So, back to why Josh is so wonderful. When I am completely irrational and ridiculous... when I make up my mind that I am going to be angry and stubborn, even when I am dead wrong, he is more patiend with me than I could ever deserve or hope for. When I get so wound up, overwhelmed, or stressed out about something (a party, having company, a project, etc...) because my type A, perfectionist personality won't let me do anything half-way, he just stops me, makes me take a breather, and then digs in and helps me get things done.
Just this last week I was killing myself sewing late into the night every night to make some items to sell at a craft fair this last weekend. I was tired from taking care of Princess and the house all day, plus trying to get all my sewing done (I had a set amount of stuff in my head that I wanted to complete.) One night Josh said, "What can I do to help? Do you want me to sew?" I was so shocked! I showed him how to use the sewing machine, and away he went. And you know what? The stuff he sewed looks really good!
Then Saturday he spent literally all day (from noon until 10:45 at night) helping me with the craft fair. He helped me get everything together, loaded in the car, unloaded at the fair, set-up, sat with me while I manned the booth, watched Princess, and then helped me break down and load-up. We didn't sell much, so I was disappointed on the way home that night. He looked at me and said, "Don't be discouraged. Even though we didn't sell much, we got to spend the entire day together. We got to really talk and I enjoyed being with you. So it was well worth it."
So you see, he really is perfect... not in the flawless sense, but in the sense that he is the perfect partner for me to have to share my life. Afterall, I don't think that there are many other guys out there who could handle my "firecracker-ness." Haha...
So, back to why Josh is so wonderful. When I am completely irrational and ridiculous... when I make up my mind that I am going to be angry and stubborn, even when I am dead wrong, he is more patiend with me than I could ever deserve or hope for. When I get so wound up, overwhelmed, or stressed out about something (a party, having company, a project, etc...) because my type A, perfectionist personality won't let me do anything half-way, he just stops me, makes me take a breather, and then digs in and helps me get things done.
Just this last week I was killing myself sewing late into the night every night to make some items to sell at a craft fair this last weekend. I was tired from taking care of Princess and the house all day, plus trying to get all my sewing done (I had a set amount of stuff in my head that I wanted to complete.) One night Josh said, "What can I do to help? Do you want me to sew?" I was so shocked! I showed him how to use the sewing machine, and away he went. And you know what? The stuff he sewed looks really good!
Then Saturday he spent literally all day (from noon until 10:45 at night) helping me with the craft fair. He helped me get everything together, loaded in the car, unloaded at the fair, set-up, sat with me while I manned the booth, watched Princess, and then helped me break down and load-up. We didn't sell much, so I was disappointed on the way home that night. He looked at me and said, "Don't be discouraged. Even though we didn't sell much, we got to spend the entire day together. We got to really talk and I enjoyed being with you. So it was well worth it."
So you see, he really is perfect... not in the flawless sense, but in the sense that he is the perfect partner for me to have to share my life. Afterall, I don't think that there are many other guys out there who could handle my "firecracker-ness." Haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment