Tuesday, November 27, 2007
On being a Mom
So, being a Mom is wonderful. It is the best feeling in the world to be needed and loved so unconditionally. It is also very tiring! It can be draining being needed 14-16 hours a day by this beautiful little person. Sometimes I wish she was more content to play by herself so I could get a few things done... but then I realize that this time will soon pass and one day in the not too distant future she will be more than happy to play with her friends, or by herself, rather than with me. This makes me sad... and it is when I realize this that I am most content to sit on the floor and play with Princess, or to read her a story, or to just sit near her while she plays. Princess does like to play by herself sometimes, but usually it is not for very long before she is more interested in what I am doing. However, if I am sitting on the floor near her, she is much more content to play with her toys, as long as she can reach out and touch me. Right now she has just finished a long and exhausting period of crying herself to sleep. I don't know what it is lately, the teething, the runny nose, or just Mommy-separation, but a lot of days she fights naps like they are the end of the world! The quiet is a welcome sound from her screaming... as I just want to swoop in and cuddle her when she cries, but I know she is exhausted and needs her sleep! I don't want to imagine having another baby around yet as I love being able to spend as much time with Princess as I want without any distractions, but I know that Princess is growing up all too fast, and it won't be long before she is a full-fledged toddler and I will be yearning for the baby days. Maybe then we will start thinking about adding another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i get kind of scared sometimes at how i relate to people who have children or a child ... i only have a dog. :-/
Post a Comment