Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life is...

Happening. No matter how hard I try to slow it down or halt it altogether, life happens all around us! That's a wonderful thing most of the time, but sometimes, I wish we could just put it all on hold, and enjoy the individual moments a little longer. Just 4 days ago, Princess and I got back from a 2 week hiatus to South Florida. Two whole weeks... and it flew by in a flash! I still somehow didn't have time to do everyhting I wanted to do, or see everyone I wanted to see, and I certainly didn't have as much time to sit and visit and relax as I would have liked. All that a side, we had tons of fun! I loved every minute of my visit, and I enjoyed all of the running around, catching up with old friends, playing in the pool with Princess during her swim lessons, and eating lots of great food that we don't have "'round these here parts" of the country. :) I missed Josh like crazy, and am glad to be back with him, but you know what would be even better? If we could all be together in FL! I am SO blessed by the people in my life down there that love me and care for me and Josh and Princess in so many ways. We are also blessed by our friends in TN, but in the last 6 months, many of the things that were keeping us here have dissipated. That makes it even harder for me to come back to TN and leave FL behind.
Anyway, enough about that...
Babies are everywhere! My dear friend Brian and his wife Danielle welcomed their first little one, Courtney Marie, into the world on Tuesday, Nov. 18th. Brian's brother David, and his wife Rachel (also very dear friends to us) will be adding baby number 4 in January. My brother Bill and his wife Kelly are looking forward to welcoming Lauryn Autumn Marie into the world in early February. Several of my friends from MOPS are pregnant, all due in the first couple of months of 2009, and my long-time friend Heidi and her husband, are about 13 weeks pregnant with their second child. Babies, babies everywhere, and not a one for us... lol. We are waiting on the Lord to give us another bundle of joy when He sees fit, but I hope its soon :) Congrats to all the new and expecting Mommies and Daddies!

1 comment:

ben bonk said...

babies ... babies ... makes me want to get another puppy. or a wife who can then give me a baby.

i will be calling you soon so we can catch up!