So I officially stink at blogging. I don't know how those people do it that write a new blog everyday. Maybe my life is too boring that I don't have enough to say. Although I suspect it's the fact that I rarely remember I have a blog to write in!

We just got back from a great, week-long vacation with my brother and his family. We stayed in a very nice townhouse right on the beach off the coast of North Carolina. We swam in the pool everyday, went down to the ocean several times, went to the North Carolina Aquarium, ate some really good pizza, and the most amazing bowl of she-crab soup (not in the same meal of course!) stayed up way too late, and had the most fun I have ever had playing "catch phrase."
You know, that game is much funnier late at night when everyone is tired... I would tell you some of the funny things said, but I am sure they just wouldn't be funny if you weren't there. :) My brother and his wife cooked the most awesome NY strip I have probably ever had, his wife makes amazing redskin mashed potatoes, and I ate way too much and had too many sweets and too much junk. I rediscovered the joy of spray butter, and actually wore sunscreen everytime I went on the beach or in the pool! (Aren't you proud, Mom?!) I got to see what a wonderful Dad my brother is, and
how much he loves his wife and daughter. I was reminded of how much I love my brother, and was thoroughly impressed that he now hangs up wet towels, stain treats his laundry, cleans up the kitchen when he cooks, and even changes diapers on a complete 50/50 basis with his wife. He's turned out to be a pretty great guy, despite what I thought for all those years growing up. (j/k of course:)I even got to sleep in until 9:30 one day while my brother watched Princess for me! I love my niece, LAMB, and was so happy to see what a bundle of joy she truly is. She wakes up smiling, and rarely fusses. She is a beautiful little girl, and we all enjoyed getting to know her.
I got to spend time walking with my husband on the beach, kick-his butt at catch phrase (the team I was on always won, no matter who my
partner was,) and play and laugh with him and Princess in a way that we don't take the time to do often enough at home. I loved watching him swim with Princess and reassure her that the water was safe. I know how much his attention meant to her during our vacation, because ever since we have been home, she has been even more attached to him than before. He is the one that gives her magic healing kisses when she gets a boo-boo, and holds her close when something scares her, like a thunderstorm or the ocean. He really is an amazing husband and father. We are so blessed!
This vacation, more than a luxury, was a neccessity. As owners of our own business, that operates out of our home, we needed last week to renew, recharge, relax, and prepare us to face the hecticness of the next few months as we prepare to juggle our business, our home, Princess, and a new precious little girl!
Now, apart from all of that...
My pregnancy is progressing well. I now have 10 weeks and 5 days to go until we expect the little one to arrive. The time has gone amazingly fast and slow at the same time. I feel much more tired and achy than I remember feeling with Princess , but I assume that is due to all I have to take care of now that I didn't the first time around. Other than that, I feel pretty good. Josh has been finding new ways to help me and show me he loves me, and the times where he insists I stay off of my feet (which I am sure you know is VERY difficult for me) are so sweet and appreciated. (Sis-in-law was also very helpful and sweet on vacation, and would insist I sit down and let her do whatever it was I was trying to do.)
Princess is very excited about having a baby sister and regularly sings her songs (Twinkle, Twinkle is her favorite) gives my belly hugs and kisses, feels her move, and talks to her. She also tells others about her baby sister, and is always asking people if they want to feel the baby move.
I still can't believe that by Christmas we are going to have 2 girls! I am excited, but mostly just tired right now. :)
We just got back from a great, week-long vacation with my brother and his family. We stayed in a very nice townhouse right on the beach off the coast of North Carolina. We swam in the pool everyday, went down to the ocean several times, went to the North Carolina Aquarium, ate some really good pizza, and the most amazing bowl of she-crab soup (not in the same meal of course!) stayed up way too late, and had the most fun I have ever had playing "catch phrase."
I got to spend time walking with my husband on the beach, kick-his butt at catch phrase (the team I was on always won, no matter who my
This vacation, more than a luxury, was a neccessity. As owners of our own business, that operates out of our home, we needed last week to renew, recharge, relax, and prepare us to face the hecticness of the next few months as we prepare to juggle our business, our home, Princess, and a new precious little girl!
Now, apart from all of that...
My pregnancy is progressing well. I now have 10 weeks and 5 days to go until we expect the little one to arrive. The time has gone amazingly fast and slow at the same time. I feel much more tired and achy than I remember feeling with Princess , but I assume that is due to all I have to take care of now that I didn't the first time around. Other than that, I feel pretty good. Josh has been finding new ways to help me and show me he loves me, and the times where he insists I stay off of my feet (which I am sure you know is VERY difficult for me) are so sweet and appreciated. (Sis-in-law was also very helpful and sweet on vacation, and would insist I sit down and let her do whatever it was I was trying to do.)
Princess is very excited about having a baby sister and regularly sings her songs (Twinkle, Twinkle is her favorite) gives my belly hugs and kisses, feels her move, and talks to her. She also tells others about her baby sister, and is always asking people if they want to feel the baby move.
I still can't believe that by Christmas we are going to have 2 girls! I am excited, but mostly just tired right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment